ESMT x HPI Startup Bootcamp: Innovating Cybersecurity
Develop and create the next innovative solution in cybersecurity
The ESMT x HPI Startup Bootcamp: Innovating Cybersecurity is a three-day event (November 12th-14th, 2021) organized by ESMT Berlin and the Hasso-Plattner Institute Potsdam. We bring together industry experts, thought leaders, and universities at the interface of business and technology to tackle the grand challenges of our society.
This year’s event focuses on the topic of cybersecurity, supported and sponsored by our corporate partner SAP. Whether it's secure work from home, processes in Industry 4.0, or the protection of patient data in the healthcare system - the topic of cybersecurity is gaining massive importance in the course of rapidly advancing digitization.
Therefore, our event aims to bridge the gap between science, corporates, and entrepreneurship. We invite students, researchers, and cybersecurity experts to develop new ideas on cybersecurity in a three-day Bootcamp.
This is a unique chance to:
- Work with high-potential business and tech talent from HPI and ESMT
- Gain market knowledge in the cybersecurity industry through coaching from industry experts, entrepreneurs, and researchers from the field
- Develop an innovative technology and scalable business model for one of the most exciting software market
- Present and pitch your business idea to industry experts and entrepreneurs and win up to 1.000€ prize money.
- The application deadline has been extended to November 1, 2021.
- The Vulnerable Cloud: “Develop a solution that helps cybersecurity analysts to detect, visualize, assess and prevent cyberattacks in cloud infrastructures.”
- The Incident Navigator: “Reinvent the incident management process in a time-sensitive, multi-stakeholder process to prevent harmful consequences."
- The Security2Business Mediator: Develop a new approach to bridge the gap between security experts and business managers and to enable impactful risk management decisions.”
- Time: Nov 12, 2021, 11:00 AM - Nov 14, 2021, 6:30 PM
- Venue address: Hasso-Plattner-Institut, D-Space - Main Building, Prof.-Dr.-Helmert-Straße 2-3, 14482 Potsdam
We are looking for:
- Creative Minds
- Cybersecurity enthusiasts
- Cybersecurity engineers
- Cybersecurity experts
- Striving to create an innovative solution for the cybersecurity industry
- You can apply either as a team of 2-3 people or as a single participant
- Full availability in Potsdam (HPI School of Design Thinking) for a 3-day workshop
- Please select a role and a challenge
- Link to your Linkedin profile and motivation submitted
- Hacker: coding experience
- Designer: UX/UI
- Industry Expert: Expertise in the cybersecurity field
- Entrepreneur: Expertise in business
- Project Manager: Team organization and operations
Start or continue your application:
Sponsor and Event Organisers
At SAP, our purpose is to help the world run better and improve people’s lives. Our promise is to innovate to help our customers run at their best. SAP is committed to helping every customer become a best-run business. We engineer solutions to fuel innovation, foster equality, and spread opportunity across borders and cultures. Together, with our customers and partners, we can transform industries, grow economies, lift up societies, and sustain our environment.
As the Entrepreneurship Hub at ESMT Berlin, Vali Berlin was founded in 2019 by and for ESMT Berlin students, alumni, and the wider Berlin start-up community. Vali is dedicated to shaping entrepreneurial culture, supporting founders and joiners, connecting entrepreneurial stakeholders, and educating entrepreneurial leaders. In short, Vali empowers responsible entrepreneurship for social, economic, and environmental value creation.
Contact: Baris Efe, Manager and Co-Founder at Vali Berlin, firstname.lastname@example.org
HPI School of Entrepreneurship
Besides providing first-class university education in digital engineering and design thinking, the HPI seeks to encourage its students and scientists in the implementation of their own business ideas as entrepreneurs. The HPI School of Entrepreneurship bundles all offerings related to the topic of founding at HPI and develops an inspiring ecosystem in which students, startups, business partners and other national and international stakeholders are brought together.
Contact: Helena Sternkopf, Program Manager, email@example.com